So it is again Wednesday, and therefore, time for Top Ten Tuesday to be written. Today’s topic by the Broke and Bookish is Top Ten Characters I would want with me on a deserted island. This one I am excited for.
1. Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. Because duh. She’s a skilled hunter, she knows how to survive on barely any food, she knows all about what plants are edible. I will be surprised if everyone doesn’t have her on their list.
2. Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games. Katniss tends to get pretty down on herself and stop caring. Peeta is needed to keep her motivated and looking for a way for everyone to survive. Am I reading too deep into this? I don’t care.
3. Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter. Even if we can’t disapparate off the island, her magical skills and knowledge will definitely come in handy. I mean who doesn’t want a walking library of knowledge with them when on a deserted island. I just hope she doesn’t go all house-elf on the creatures of the island and try to stop us from eating them.
4. Violet Baudelaire from A Series of Unfortunate Events. First off, she’s an inventor. She could defintley come up with something to help us build a shelter, or hunting equipment, or even a boat. Also, let’s not forget she actually was stuck on a deserted island in the last book (and invented enough things to keep everyone alive).
5. Tobias Eaton (Four) from Divergent. Why not? He’s not really scared of anything so that would be nice, but mostly just because he’s a beautiful specimen. After the last book he could use some cheering up, I feel like I could do that. There’s plenty of time on an island.
6. Will Grayson from Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Speficially, John Green’s Will Grayson. I picked him because he is pretty much the male version of me and I think I could use a best friend out there.
7. Connor Lassiter from Unwind. He’s rebellious, smart, and charismatic. I think he would make a great leader for this group (although he may be in some competition with Four). He has a great amount of drive and passion to survive, which makes him perfect for my island.
8. Arya Stark from Game of Thrones. Stick em with the pointy end. She’s so determined I think she would be awesome to bring along. I know she doesn’t mind suddenly being without anything because she went from a pretty spoiled kid to a dirty runaway and turned out pretty great. At least there’s water to clean up on a island. (I haven’t read the books, but the list doesn’t say they have to be book characters).
Maybe I don’t want ten other people on my island. I realized that book characters usually seem very difficult to deal with. I think i will stick with my team of eight (plus me) and we will find a way to survive and eventually get off this island.
Let me know what you think of my choices!